According to Gregory calendar, December 06 is the day number 340 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 341. December 06 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on December 06. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 06th December:
- 1723: Emperor Carell declared the Sixth Pragmatic Constitution.
- 1724: The premiere of Collie Sibber’s play “Caesar in Egypt” began in London.
- 1732: Warren Hastings, the first Governor General of the East India Company, was born.
- 1756: British troops under Robert Clive occupy Fulta, India
- 1768: The first edition of Encyclopaedia Britannica was published.
- 1768: The first edition of Encyclopपीdia Britannica was published.
- 1774: Austria became the first country to implement the state education system.
- 1848: The Austrian Imperial Army led by Franz Schlick attacked Hungary.
- 1877: For the first time, Man’s voice was recorded, with Thomas Edison first saying ‘re head a little lamb’.
- 1897: London became the first city in the world to host a licensed taxicab.
- 1907: The first incident of dacoity related to India’s freedom struggle occurred at Chingaripota railway station.
- 1907: A coal mine explosion in the city of Monongah in the United States killed 362 workers.
- 1909: Saratov State University was established in the Russian city.
- 1911: Western Union introduced discounted rates for its trans-Atlantic cable service between New York and London.
- 1917: The Senate of Finland officially declared independence of the country in Russia.
- 1935: Michael Joseph Savage became the 23rd Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- 1956: Bahujan political leader and constitution builder Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar died.
- 1956: Randhir Singh Gentle scores the winner as India beats Pakistan, 1-0 in the Melbourne Olympics field hockey final to win it’s 6th consecutive gold medal in the sport
- 1958: The construction of the world’s longest and most important tunnel began in Italy. Its excavation work was completed on August 14, 1964 after 6 years of hard work.
- 1978: The citizens of Spain voted to establish democracy after 40 years of dictatorial rule.
- 1983: Six Israeli civilians died in a bus explosion in Jerusalem.
- 1987: MiG-29 joined the Indian Air Force, renamed ‘Baaz’.
- 1992: The disputed Babri Masjid structure in Ayodhya was demolished by fierce Hindu kar sevaks. As a result, around 400 people were killed in the violence.
- nineteen ninety eight Hugo Chavez was elected President of Venezuela.
- 2012: Seven people were killed and 770 were injured during a demonstration in Egypt.
- 2012: 7 people were killed and 770 were injured during Egyptian protests.
- 2019: 4 Rapist of veterinary doctor Disha killed in an encounter by Telangana Hyderabad Police.