According to Gregory calendar, December 07 is the day number 341 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 342. December 07 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on December 07. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 07th December:
- 1662: A French mathematician, writer and inventor of the calculator machine, Blaise Pascal, died.
- 1732: The Theater Royal Covent Garden, London (modern-day Royal Opera House) opened.
- 1782: Hyder Ali, the ruler of Mysore died.
- 1815: Marshall killed Ney in Paris, near the Jardin du Luxembourg.
- 1825: The first steam-powered ship ‘Enterprise reached Kolkata.
- 1835: Future U.S. Chairman James K. Polak became the Speaker of the House.
- 1856: The ‘Hindu widow’ was officially married for the first time in the country.
- 1869: American bandit Jesse James confirms his first bank robbery in Gallatin, Missouri.
- 1877: Inventor Thomas Alva Edison performed ‘Gramophone’.
- 1888: John Boyd Dunlop invented air bicycles tires.
- 1889: Karl Friedrich Benz, a German scientist, created the first car in the world in the present form. The speed of this vehicle was 12 kilometers per hour and petrol or alcohol was used as fuel. The buses of the present day are the complete form of that car.
- 1895: Battle of Amba Alagi: The Abyssinians defeated the Italian armies.
- 1902: Janardan Navle, Indian cricketer (India’s 1st Test wicket-keeper), born in Fulgaon, Maharashtra, India (d. 1979)
- 1909: Inventor Leo Baekeland patents the first thermo-setting plastic, Bakelite, sparking the birth of the plastics industry
- 1941: During the Second World War, the Japanese Air Force suddenly attacked the US Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and declared war against Britain and America. Japanese bombers targeted American warships, aircraft and military targets.
- 1944: General Radescu formed the government in Romania.
- 1946: 119 people died in a fire at the Winecoff Hotel in downtown Atlanta, United States.
- 1949: Indian Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated.
- 1972: The US launched Apollo 17 as part of its mission to the moon.
- 1988: A 6.9 magnitude earthquake in Armenia killed 25 thousand people and left millions homeless.
- 1992: The United States won the 1972 Davis Cup.
- 1995: India launched communication satellite INSAT-2C.
- 2001: The Taliban regime left its fortress of Kandahar and thus began the end of the 61-day war in Afghanistan. The radical Taleban agreed to leave their religious stronghold Kandahar on the basis of the agreement between Hamid Karzai and the Taleban regime, head of Afghanistan’s new interim administration.
- 2004: Hamid Karzai was sworn in as the first elected President of Afghanistan.
- 2009: The climate summit began in Copenhagen.