According to Gregory calendar, January 30, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 30 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in Indian and world History on January 30. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 30th January:
- 1530: Rana Sangram Singh of Mewar died.
- 1649: The Emperor of England ‘Charles I’ was beheaded.
- 1713: England and the Netherlands sign the Second Anti French Border Treaty.
- 1737: Italian physicist and mathematician Luichi Galvani, who discovered lightning in the bodies of living beings, was born in the city of Bolonia.
- 1774: Captain James Cook 71 ° 10 ‘South, reaching 1820 km from South Pole.
- 1862: The first iron-clad warship of the US Navy is launched.
- 1889: Famous Hindi litterateur Jaishankar Prasad was born.
- 1903: Lord Curzon inaugurates the ‘Imperial Library’ at Metcalfe Hall in Kolkata (then Calcutta).
- 1911: The Canadian Naval Service was renamed the ‘Royal Canadian Navy’.
- 1913: Famous Indian painter Amrita She Ragil was born.
- 1922: World Law Day was celebrated for the first time.
- 1948: Mahatma Gandhi, who made his significant contribution to India’s freedom struggle, was assassinated by Nathu Ram Godse.
- 1949: Night air mail service started.
- 1965: British people bid farewell to Winston Churchill.
- 1968: The great Hindi journalist and litterateur Makhan Lal Chaturvedi died.
- 1989: US closes its embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- 2003: Belgium legally approves same-sex marriage, becoming the second country in the world to agree to do so.
- 2008: Sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for Abdul Karim Telgi, the main accused in the famous stamp paper scam case.
- 2013: South Korea launches its first carrier rocket Narrow-1.