According to Gregory calendar, January 15, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 15 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened today in Indian and world History on January 15. Read on to know more about this day.
List of Important Historical events of 15th January:
- 588: BC Nebuchadrezzar II of Babylon lays siege to Jerusalem under Zedekiah’s reign. The siege lasts until July 23, 586 BC.
- 1535: Henry VIII declares himself head of the Church in England
- 1559: Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England in Westminster Abbey
- 1759: British Museum opens in Montague House, London
- 1902: Abdulaziz Ibn Saud leads 40 men over the walls of Riyadh and takes the city, marking the beginning of the Third Saudi State
- 1934: 8.4 earthquake in India/Nepal, 10,700
- 1983: Javed Miandad & Mudassar Nazar make 451 stand v India
- 1985: Mike Gatting & Graeme Fowler both scores 200 v India
- 2001: Wikipedia a free Wiki or content encyclopedia is launched by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger
- 2019: Beginning of humanity’s largest gathering, the Kumbh Mela Hindu festival with 15 million people bathing at the joining of Ganges and Yamuna rivers, India. 120 million expected over next 49 days.