November is the eleventh month of the year in our modern-day Gregorian calendar. The month kept its original name from the Latin novem meaning “nine” which marked it the 9th month of the year in the Roman calendar.
According to Gregory calendar, November 25 is the day number 329 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 330. November 25 has its own special significance in India and world history.
November was named during a time when the calendar year began with March, which is why its name no longer corresponds with its placement in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on November 25. Read on to know more about this day.
The page contains not only Important historical events but also famous birthdays and deaths each day. Search what happened today in Indian history and world history.
List of Important Historical events of 25th November:
- 1311: General Malik Kafur returns to Delhi after a campaign in South India
- 1459: Jodhpur, Sun City, founded by Rao Jodhpur in India
- 1667: The devastating earthquake in Semakha in Russia’s North Caucasus region killed 80,000 people.
- 1744: The Austrian army carried out murderous attacks and looting against the Jews of Paraguay.
- 1758: Britain captured Fort Duquenne (later Fort Pitt / Pittsburgh) from the Franks.
- 1759: The devastating earthquake devastated the cities of Beirut and Damascus, killing about forty thousand people.
- 1766: Pope Clement XIII warned on the dangers of anti-Christian writings.
- 1783: American Revolutionary War: The last British troops left New York City 3 months after the signing of the Treaty of Paris.
- 1833: The Netherlands and Belgium signed the Treaty of Jonhoven.
- 1843: The Mount Etna eruption in Italy killed 69 people in the village of Bronte.
- 1863: Union ends the siege of Chattanooga with the Battle of Missionary Ridge.
- 1867: Sweden’s chemist Alfred Nobel patented ‘dynamite’.
- 1880: Laverne, a French physician, diagnosed the cause of malarial fever.
- 1884: John B. of St. Louis Mayenberg patented ‘evaporated milk’ (Evaporated Milk).
- 1901: Japanese Prince Ito arrives in Russia to seek concessions in Korea.
- 1930: In Japan, 690 earthquakes were recorded in a single day.
- 1936: The anti-Cominton (Communist International) agreement was signed between Germany and Japan.
- 1941: Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi, Indian Muslim Sufi, author, spiritual leader
- 1951: 17 people died in the train crash in the American state of Alabama.
- 1952: Former Pakistani cricketer Imran Khan was born. He scored 3807 runs in 88 Tests and 3709 runs in 175 ODIs. He also has 544 wickets in his name.
- 1963: Former US President John F Kennedy was cremated. In the US capital of Washington, about 8 lakh people saw his body while going to the funeral.
- 1975: The Surinam country of South America gained complete independence from Holland.
- 1984: An East Rail train derailed between Hong Kong’s Sheng Shui and Fanling stations.
- 2014: Sitara Devi, the famous dancer of Kathak passed away.